Roofing Ventilation... A Closer Look
In addition to supplying windows, shingle repair, and a host of other services, Advance provides ventilation services. In cold weather, warm air generated by laundry, showers, dish washing and cooking can linger in the house and cause moisture build-up.
In the summer, heat build-up encourages premature aging and cracking of wood and roofing materials. Unwanted heat can also transfer back down into living areas, reducing energy efficiency.
The only way to combat these problems is with a balanced ventilation system provided by Advance. In a balanced system, wind blowing over the ridge creates a negative pressure that draws the warmer air out of the attic. Replacement air enters through the undereave or soffit vents, bathes the underside of the roof, and exits at the ridge cap through ridge vents, roof vents or gable vents. Even with no wind, the natural convection action of rising warm air maintains a continuous airflow along the underside of the roof. It's a system that works year 'round with no moving parts or energy consumption. Are you interested in improving your ventilation? Get a free quote
from Advance roofing company today.
The Benefits of Roof Ventilation
- Allows outside air to flow naturally upward and out of attic.
- Promotes a cooler, drier attic.
- Helps prevent moisture from becoming trapped in insulation, structural wood, shingles and roof deck.
- Helps prevent rotting, mildew, drywall damage, peeling paint and warped siding.
- Provides year-round performance for consistent ventilation without energy consumption.